Nigerian Student Makes History As The First Person To Submit A Rap Album As Thesis In The History Of Harvard

Obasi Shaw, a Nigerian student in Harvard is the first person in the history of his prestigious university, to submit a rap album,‘Liminal Minds’as his thesis.Obasi’s journey to Liminal minds began in his early years growing up in Atlanta.
According to Harvard University’s Facebook page, he listened exclusively to Christian rap, a little-known genre that features songsof faith and salvation with positive messages and clean lyrics.
He started listening to Kendrick Lamar and Chance The Rapper about two years ago.One year ago, he started recording 10-track album, and now, he’s made history and would be graduating with honours.
After graduation, Shaw will move to Seattle for a one-year internship in software engineering. As for rap, he’ll keep it as a treasured hobby.
“Rap is a genre in which I can say everything I want to say,”Shaw said. “I’ve been writing in different capacities, but I never felt that I found my art form until I started rapping.

Comments