My Mum Use To Tell Me How Ugly I Was | Nigerian US Based Model Shares Touching Story

Nigerian US based international model, Binta Sanni shares her touching story on how her mother always call her ugly while growing up and how the rejected stone became the cornerstone .

As shared on her facebook page, 

Read below :

I remember growing up my Mother use tell me how ugly I was , she can't stand to look me in the face, she use to beat the living out of me, right or wrong,  I never get to discuss things that bothers me with her due to fear,  whenever I complained of stomach pain she will think am pregnant  , she forbid me to call her mother, she is ashame to tell people  am her daughter  I cried my head out asking God why this wicked person has to be  my mother, asking God at young Age to please take my life if I have to suffered like this( still alive because he has bigger plan for me🙏🙏🙏)  at some point I thought I was switched at birth , she refused to pay my school fees when I gain admission into the university, I decided to be a model instead of seating at home doing nothing I was kicked out of my own house, I left without knowing what the future holds, all I ever wanted was to be happy , a strange woman took me in  treated me like her own daughter she never had, she is an American citizen,  she was the 1st woman to tell me how unique I look, she became my manager  ( I thought she was blind because my mum said different things to me) she told me I will do great in America  (  I had no idea what she was talking about but the sound of America feels good 😁😁) I just want to be far away from my mother,  I just want my freedom, no more beating or abuse , dreams comes true like they said, I started traveling,  Paris, South Africa,  Malta and some few African countries( seeing the world soon). 

When I finally came to NYC I had no hair but yet got a lot of compliments on the street , to be honest I thought everyone in NYC is blind to tell me am beautiful or my mum is been lying to me all this while,  however I had to train myself, respect myself,  tell myself what is Good and what is bad for me, make my own decisions without parental help ( is hard but am doing it)my father in the other hand is a an Islamic man who won't have anything to do with a Christian daughter ( go to hell)  I came across thousands of people to see who will genuinely love me without hearing my story or what I have been through,  some people I was able to talk to some nope,  why am I writing this on Facebook ? you might ask , oh well! 

On a good day I won't but since I have over come all this hatred and low self esteem,  I felt like sharing a bit about myself to those who care,  I just want all the young girls out there to believe in themselves and to all single young mothers to learn to love their kids, the word we said to kid affect them in different ways , good or bad and they grow up with it,  God gave you a child for a reason,  learn to love them, they are blessing in disguise and to those who have all the motherly love , tell your mother how bless and lucky you are to have her, to be honest I forgive my mother but I hope she can forgive herself too because she will not set eye on me again, she will only hear about me and by God's grace this Journey of greatness has just began .

To all the amazing mothers in the world. #happymothersday 

Ps: to those who helped me one way or the other thank you a bunch wish I can pay all of you back but I can't,  will only say thank you. 😗😗😗

Comments