If I were the President when Boko Haram started, I would have used all means at to avert it - Atiku

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has again blamed the past administrations in the country over the poor handling of the Boko Haram Islamist sect.
The politician was visibly upset over the manner the insurgent group was allowed to fester in the North East at the detriment of Nigerians residing there, saying that the Boko Haram sect should not have reared its ugly head in the country at the time it did, if he were the Nigerian leader.
He made the remark on Tuesday night at the American University of Nigeria, (AUN) Yola, Adamawa State while distributing relief materials to over 5,000 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).“If I were the President of Nigeria when Boko Haram started, I would have used all means at my disposal to avert the challenges.“When we were in government in 2002, a similar incident which could have been more deadly emanated in Yobe State and we immediately checkmated it and nothingwas heard of it again”, he stated.The philanthropist/businessman was of the view that to curb such dangerous groups from taking root “required a steadfast leadership that is decisive in dealing with it.
”In his words: “For Boko Haram insurgents to have overran seven out of the 21 local government areas of Adamawa State beatsmy imagination, and the efforts I put in place that prevented Boko Haram from capturing the entire state is left between me and my creator”Atiku said.

Comments