Trump Says He’ll Accept The Election Results, But Only If He Wins

After refusing to confirm he’d accept the results of next month’s election during the third presidential debate, Donald Trump has now edited his statement to add the caveat he’d “totally accept the results” if he were to win.
“I would like to promise and pledge to all ofmy voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election — if I win,” Trump said to thunderous applause duringa rally at the Delaware County Fairgrounds in Ohio on Thursday.
“Of course, I would accept a clear election result, but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the caseof a questionable result,” he continued. “And always, I will follow and abide by all ofthe rules and traditions of all of the many candidates who have come before me. Always.
”Trump’s refusal to say he’d concede the election if he were to lose has received criticism from both Democrats and Republicans alike, with both pointing out that the very fabric of American democracyis dependent on a peaceful transition between presidents and faith in the electoral system.
During the debate on Wednesday, Trump would not directly answer how he’d react to the election results, only saying “I will tell you at the time” and “I’ll keep you in suspense, OK?
” Clinton responded by calling this “horrifying.”
Credit:cosmopolitan

Comments