Ronaldo beats Bale & Griezman to wins UEFA Best Player Award

If one man was deserving of being named as the Best Player in Europe by UEFA then it was surely the Portugal captain. As expected Real Madrid and Portugal Star beats club mate Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid's Antonio Griezman to win his second UEFA best player award after a stellar season which he won the UEFA Champions League and the European Cup for Club and Country.
Not many players can boast of having won the Champions League and European Championship in the same year, but Cristiano Ronaldo completed the double having followed up club success at Real Madrid with a Euro 2016 victory for Portugal.

Ronaldo admitted that 2015-16 had been his best-ever season thanks to the two key prizes won but also attempted to play down his own achievements by declaring Antoine Griezmann a worthy winner of the individual gong.
"He deserved to win this trophy," Ronaldo said. "He lost two finals so it was unlucky for him but I think he's a fantastic player."He's a good boy, he's my neighbour - he lives next to me - and he deserved it. But he will win for sure one day - I hope so.
I have to thank you to my team mates - Real Madrid and the Portugal national team - because they helped me a lot to win these trophies," Ronaldo said.

Comments