Dj Khaled Reveals He Did The Unthinkable To Get a Verse From Jay Z On His Album

DJ Khaled truly believes in doing whateverit takes to get what you want and need. Heproved that with the lengths that he went to get a Jay Z verse on his upcoming Major Key album.Sitting down with Music Choice, Khaled revealed that he was so hungry for a verse from Jay Z for his forthcoming Major Key album that he had to get a whole new set of keys before securing “I Got The Keys.”“It took me years to get Jay Z to do a record for me,” he says. “I basically got a condo in NYC for a whole year to stay close by him and let him know how hungryI was for that verse. So I went in studio every day. He was recording his album andI appreciate him letting me be around and capture that greatness, but at and at the same time I was hustling too, you know what I am saying. 
I wanna get that verse in.”Khaled’s sacrifice was all worth it, though. Not only did he land a coveted Jay Z verse on “I Got The Keys”, but Jay eventually took rap game Deepak Chopra on as his client, serving as his manager which lead to Khaled scoring an opening act gig on Beyonce’s Formation tour.

Comments