British heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury Pulls out of Wladimir Klitschko Rematch

British heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has announced that his world title rematchagainst Wladimir Klitschko has been postponed after he suffered a sprained ankle in training last week.Fury, 27, who was due to lock horns with Klitschko in the eagerly anticipated rematch at the Manchester Arena July 9 after he shocked the world by winning theirfirst bout in Dusseldorf, Germany last November, posted a video on Instagram on Friday that the fight would no longer go on as scheduled.
The Manchester-born boxer also confirmed the new on his Twitter handle (@Tyson_Fury)Message to all my fans. About thefight.#willbebackonsoon.
“I’ve got a little bit of bad news for you all,”Fury said.
“About 10 days ago I was running up in the Lake District and i went over on my ankle and sprained it. The fight will be be postponed – I’m sorry to all my fans to let you all down but injuries do happen. The fight will be on as soon as possible.
”Ukrainian Klitschko, who’d promised to trump the controversial Brit for the god of the sport, has yet to react to the development.

Comments