Rivaldo Boasts: I'd win Balon d or 3 times in Messi, Ronaldo Era If Still At My peak

Rivaldo has claimed he would win the Ballon
d'Or three times if he was at his peak in the
current era.
The Brazil great was crowned the world's best
player in 1999, but Lionel Messi and Cristiano
Ronaldo have since won the award seven times
between them in as many years.
However, Rivaldo believes their domination of the
game is evidence of a decline in quality at the
top level.
"Football today is very different from before,” he
said.
“If my time was today, I’d bet with anyone that I
would be the best player in the world two or
three times. I’m sure I would score 50 goals per
season.
“The quality was much better before, in Brazil
and worldwide, such as in Spain and Italy. You
see how football is not good when [Lionel] Messi
and Cristiano Ronaldo, the best today, are
scoring 50 goals in the championship.
“This shows that the level [of football] is lower.
Even for the best in the world, you should not
being scored 50 goals in 38 games.”

Comments